Delaware is an open state. We welcome athletes of all abilities from all over the country. Read more...
We recognize and honor the outstanding achievements, perseverance, and spirit of senior athletes. Read more...
Over 30 Sports
Delaware Senior Olympics, for Fitness, Fellowship and Fun
Owning a dog can provide seniors with several benefits, including:
- Physical activity: Walking a dog can improve cardiovascular health and increase muscle strength.
- Socialization: Interacting with a dog can provide seniors with companionship and reduce feelings of loneliness and isolation.
- Emotional well-being: Caring for a dog can provide a sense of purpose and fulfillment, which can improve overall emotional well-being.
- Safety: A dog can act as a protector and provide a sense of security for seniors.
- Mental stimulation: Training and caring for a dog can help seniors stay mentally sharp and engaged.
- Improved mood: Interacting with a dog can lead to the release of feel-good chemicals in the brain, like oxytocin and serotonin, which can help improve mood and reduce stress.