2017 National Senior Games Birmingham Alabama...
Presented by Humana
- More than 800 events will be contested over two weeks at sport venues throughout the region.
- 19 Medal Sports: Archery, Badminton, Basketball, Bowling, Cycling, Golf, Horseshoes, Pickleball, Race Walk, Racquetball, Road Race, Shuffleboard, Softball, Swimming, Table Tennis, Tennis, Track & Field, Triathlon and Volleyball
- Gold, Silver and Bronze medals and 4th-8th place ribbons are awarded for each age division event.
- Age Divisions o Individual sports - male and female divisions compete in five year increments, ages 50 through 100+ o Team sports - male and female divisions compete in five year increments, ages 50 through 80+ o Some sports feature mixed doubles play.
- Qualifying o Participants are required to qualify in one of 51 NSGA sanctioned Member State Games during 2016; 30,000+ athletes are expected to qualify in these games.
- The Village o The Village is the daytime hub of activity where athletes check in and all visitors can cThe 2017 Village will be located at the Birmingham-Jefferson Convention Complex.
- Flame Arrival Ceremony o All are welcome to celebrate the official start to The Games as the torch flame arrives and ignites the ceremonial cauldron on the first night of The Games.
- Celebration of Athletes o This is a combination opening and closing ceremony held in the middle of the event schedule that celebrates the achievements of the athletes. Here is where the pageantry happens, including a stirring Parade of Athletes and a warm welcome is extended by the host cities, celebrities and dignitaries.
For more information, visit www.NSGA.com