Outstanding Athlete Award
This award will be given to an athlete, selected by the Award’s Committee.
- Must have competed in DSO for a least three years
- Must have medaled at least three times in the Delaware Senior Olympic Games
The following criteria will also be considered:
- Medaling in the National Senior Games, The Huntsman World Games or any other
- comparable national level competition
- Holding or breaking a record in DSO competition
- Promoting DSO through his/her selected sport
Outstanding Volunteer Award
This award will be given to an individual who has an excellent record of volunteer work with DSO and meets the following criteria:
- Must have volunteered with DSO for at least 5 years
- Has done whatever is necessary to improve the organization
- Helps each year with the conduct of the State Games, Walk Delaware or any other DSO activity
- Serves on at least one DSO Committee or is a Sport Coordinator
The Charlie Marten Memorial Award
The Charlie Marten Award was established in 2005 by a collaborative effort of the Division of Services for the Aging and the Delaware Senior Olympics. It honors Charlie Marten who after suffering from a stroke fought back to be able to walk again at Beach Day 2002. Charlie died in 2004 at the age of 66.
The award honors an individual who demonstrates the following qualities:
- Inspires others by example
- Has a determined spirit to overcome personal challenges and great odds.
- Works hard to turn obstacles into opportunities
- Has courage to make changes to improve their quality of life.
The Ray Wrede Lifetime Achievement Award
The Ray Wrede Lifetime Achievement Award will be presented to an individual who meets the following criteria:
- Has been a contributing member to the administrative structure of Delaware Senior Olympics for at least 10 years.
- Is no longer an active member of Delaware Senior Olympics, administratively, (ex. board member, officer, sport's coordinator, volunteer) but may still be a participant.
- Has made meaningful contributions to DSO which enhanced the overall development and success of the organization.